Described as a fast-talking, fiery redhead, Heather Lloyd-Martin is a 20-year marketing veteran, a recognized author, and considered the pioneer of SEO copywriting. Recognized worldwide as a first-generation search marketing expert, her life is split between watching the search engines dance and pinpointing the exact direct response copywriting strategies that make people buy.
When she started her SEO copywriting career, Google didn’t exist, PPC wasn’t around, and we were all on dial-up modems. Forbes even described her as the “pioneer of SEO copywriting.”
Her 24+ years of experience have helped her safely steer her students through the choppy search engine waters. She knows when you should carefully watch the latest algorithm change and when you can relax. Plus, she can pinpoint new content opportunities (like the Search Generative Experience), teach you how to leverage them and explain complex concepts in an easy-to-understand manner.
Over the years, Heather has presented at hundreds of conferences, including SMX, PubCon, SearchFest, AWAI’s Web Writing Intensive, Search Engine Strategies, MarketingProfs, and more. She’s also been a guest lecturer at the Darden School of Business and keynoted a Direct Marketing Association (DMA) event.
Additionally, she’s trained hundreds of writers worldwide through her SEO Copywriting Certification training.
Career highlights include:
- 2023 LinkedIn Learning Instructor on B2B SEO copywriting.
- Profiled in the book Online Marketing Heroes as the pioneer of SEO copywriting.
- Mentioned as a must-follow online marketing genius in the book The Complete Social Media Community Manager’s Guide: Essential Tools and Tactics for Business Success.
- Past chair of the Direct Marketing Association’s Search Engine Marketing Council.
- Past Advisory board member for AWAI and SEMpdx.
- Creator of the SEO Copywriting Certification program, the only industry-endorsed training program teaching SEO Copywriting best practices.
- Highlighted as a top search expert to follow by Search Engine Journal in 2019 and 2021.
- Quoted and cited in many publications, including Forbes, The Huffington Post, Target Marketing Magazine, The Nation, Entrepreneur Magazine, and others.
Most importantly, Heather loves to make SEO writing accessible, easy to understand, and fun. She lives outside Portland, Oregon, with her husband and two cranky cats. When she’s not glued to her laptop, She loves working out, traveling, kayaking, and almond milk lattes.
Do you have an in-house team that needs training? Are you interested in working together? Get in touch.
Are you a GenX or Millennial woman who wants to take her personal branding to the next level? Check out my SEO content and communication coaching site, Charisma Boost.